Heads up guys

Dude this is screwed up. The govt. should get them for this unfair irrelevant restriction.

The typical US political view is that economic prosperity matters above all else. As such, corporations are often allowed (or even encouraged) to engage in unfair business practices.

As far as I know, the only carrier which cannot legally enforce tethering charges is Verizon. This is because, on the purchase of their LTE spectrum licensing from Google, a contractual clause was added that required any use of this frequency to be device-agnostic. In typical Verizon fashion, this contractual obligation was quickly violated, leading to a court injunction.

How would they know anyway? The IP will still be that of the phone.

My understanding is that they inspect packets at random, in search of applications that would not be possible to use on a smartphone. For the most part, limited use of tethering through unofficial applications will not be caught; however, excessive use (particularly on unlimited plans) will often prompt a human review of usage history.

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't see why can't they just control bandwidth usage only. Ultimately bandwidth is what costs the ISP's on data plans. Restricting tethering is like restricting using their internet on a landscape view on the phone.

Mine used to say the same, until I would ask a question they couldn't answer. After that, I would be banned from asking any more questions and, on occasion, ejected from the classroom.

I used to constantly get kicked out of Senior grade Math (was a freshman) because I would correct the teacher. He'd kick me out then erase half of his equation as I'd walk out the door. I never understood why I was being kicked out if his equations were wrong....?

I had teachers just give up and ask if I wanted to lead the class. When I did and it went better than when they did they never asked me again.
For math I just took the finals and not the classes though. I found it boring to sit there.

It all depends on how you do it. Some people act like superior jerks when correcting teachers. I would kick them out too. I would literally kick them. It's so annoying...

Edit: I'm not saying there are no ass teachers that will kick you out even if you are polite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom