Heads up guys

Most companies here also do as Celery describes. If the mobile phone provider catches you using your phone as a hotspot without it being included in the package, they can cut off your mobile connection.

Weird!

I'd understand if they catch you sharing it with others "thru" any means, but I don't get it if it is for personal use. But anyway, the law is the law.

What about USB tethering? Is that considered hot spot too? I know it isn't a hot spot, but is it "considered" hot spot? That's in case the agreement specifically says "hot spot".

This is why I have to get hot spot on my plan so I can do USB tethering.

Dude this is screwed up. The govt. should get them for this unfair irrelevant restriction.

How would they know anyway? The IP will still be that of the phone.

Okay, one more possible solution; connecting your keyboard or (with) mouse to the phone with USB OTG. Even older Android tablets could recognize them with it. Mine even recognized a USB game pad. Maybe blutooth KB can connect too. You can also connect your phone to a Smart TV if you have one.

If you look around I think you will find a way to pass that keyboard problem. If you wish to, that is.

Damn, the phone puts a kink in my neck and my NetFlix works lousy.

Only one thing to do, Get internet for my PC so I looked around. After shopping around the cable was my best bet so I went back.

You wouldn't believe what the others are offering, $15 for 768 Kbs (that's right kilobits!) , $25 for 1.5 Mbs, etc. I got 100 Mbs for $70 less taxes.

Plus a new free modem. Was paying $10/mo before.

So guys, I'm Baaaaack. :D

I dropped cable a few years back after I realized my entire family watched two channels exclusively. I called ConCast and asked if I could pay for two channels.. a la carte. "Nope, you have to get the silver package which includes one of the channels you want, and then add the other channel which comes to about $70/mo"
...pass....

They must think people are idiots because a few customers let them do this crap.

They do believe that, because many people are. It's what we've been taught in schools. Do as you're told and don't question direction. So they say "Pay more" and people do it while mumbling under their breath, but not realizing the consumer sets the price through willingness to purchase. People who are indifferent only encourage price manipulation.

Interesting times at the stores. Went to Office Depot to get a stylus for my smart phone and paid $13. Cheapest they got.

You can order a 12 pack from China for $2....................... $2.

I ran across the same Stylus I got in a pack, and a single stylus was going for $5 at a gas station. So... 17 cents direct. $5 at a gas station.

There's a reason why that stylus only a dollar, it doesn't work very well.

I went to Walmart and looked. Got a neat set for less than $5, rather cute. Works very well and has firmer tips.

The one on the bottom is the dollar stylus.

Attachments

• S5031166.jpg
    S5031166.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 4
They do believe that, because many people are. It's what we've been taught in schools. Do as you're told and don't question direction. So they say "Pay more" and people do it while mumbling under their breath, but not realizing the consumer sets the price through willingness to purchase. People who are indifferent only encourage price manipulation.
My teachers taught me to question everything and change what needs to be changed.
I guess I had good teachers.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Damn, the phone puts a kink in my neck and my NetFlix works lousy.

Only one thing to do, Get internet for my PC so I looked around. After shopping around the cable was my best bet so I went back.

You wouldn't believe what the others are offering, $15 for 768 Kbs (that's right kilobits!) , $25 for 1.5 Mbs, etc. I got 100 Mbs for $70 less taxes.

Plus a new free modem. Was paying $10/mo before.

So guys, I'm Baaaaack. :D

I went with a plan giving gigabit net for 9.95.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

There's a reason why that stylus only a dollar, it doesn't work very well.

I went to Walmart and looked. Got a neat set for less than $5, rather cute. Works very well and has firmer tips.

The one on the bottom is the dollar stylus.

Why do you need it I have never used one.

My teachers taught me to question everything and change what needs to be changed.
I guess I had good teachers.

Mine used to say the same, until I would ask a question they couldn't answer. After that, I would be banned from asking any more questions and, on occasion, ejected from the classroom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom