headphones

My Smokin' buds don't stay in no matter which ear pieces I used. Doesn't really matter to me anymore, the only thing they have over the iPod earbuds is bass, and pretty muddy bass at that.

now that I think of it my laptop earbuds sound better than the skullcandy inkd however they lack slightly in the treble department but still sound really good. The biggest problem with using them with my ipod is that the cord is like 8 feet long and I trip over the cord and fall or in the really hilarious incident (well now that it has long past) is while riding my bike the cord got sucked into the gears and I came to an instant stop flew over the handlebars and ended up with a big gravel rash on my face. I can't deal with a cord more than 1.5m.

If you REALLY want good sound quality get BOSE! There spendy but they work like a beast. I will never use skull candys as the bass in them suck! they totally blur out the actual music. BOSE FTW

Really? I'm sure their headphones are decent, but their home audio stuff sure isn't.

ya, im serious! I own 4 pairs and they each cost $200! The sound quality is AMAZING and the bass actually is clear but you know its there. I would never switch to another brand. Well you get what you pay for and well.... I did!

Well you get what you pay for and well.... I did!

Not always...

It is estimated that Bose has spent more dollars on advertising last year than ALL other high-end companies COMBINED. Does it have an effect? Sadly, yes. A few years back, the United States Air Force signed Bose onto a multi-million-dollar contract to design noise cancellation headsets for Air Force flight crews. Bose won the contract over two other companies simply because of their "more established name" (brand recognition). The concept of a noise cancellation headset is to actively monitor the noise frequencies emitted from a jet engine and the turbulent wind, and reproduce the exact signal 180 degrees out of phase, thus theoretically canceling it out completely. Many reputable manufacturers have successful done so as well. Bose produced a model that cost approximately $1000 per unit, which failed to cancel out a significant amount of noise.

The company used the contract as an opportunity to unload obsolete parts from years back. Bose pawned off thousands of outdated interface connectors for which there were no longer commercially available mating jacks, and incorporated them into the headsets. The Air Force, proud as it was, didn't scrap the project, but instead spent countless millions more replacing the consoles in a number of aircraft to make them compatible with the said headsets. In the end though, the Air Force did terminate the contract when test crews found that the headsets were ineffective and non-durable. This whole mess was created over a brand name's alleged reputation and prestige. Bose is now selling a downgraded version of these headsets to commercial airlines and to the consumer public. They now work to a minor degree, but are not surprisingly still easily outperformed by their competitors. These consumer market headsets are also very, very poorly crafted. I browse many online audio forums and have heard stories about these very expensive headsets falling apart prematurely.

Few magazines are now willing to give honest reviews of Bose products due to a Consumer Reports review a few years back that gave the AM-15 embarrassingly bad ratings (score of 62 out of 100). Consumer Reports allegedly used a double-blind comparison test, which is in fact the ideal way to compare speakers. That particular review ended up in a lawsuit over "unscientific testing methods". Thankfully, Bose lost that lawsuit, but since then, Consumer Reports and various other magazines give neutral-to-rave reviews that tip-toe around the actual sound quality and focus more on ergonomics and style. More prestigious publications like Fi and What HiFi? ignore Bose products completely.
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

hmmmm....... Well whoever said that is on some good crack because i would give them a 92 out of 100!!! I guess its of a more personal opinion of what you like best. I like BOSE. Someone else might like skullcandy. BUT in my opinion i don't like skullcandys because they tend to overdue the base quite a bit and that drowns out the music. SO read the reviews and see what would fit you best :)

EDIT: LOL, i think this discussion about headphones is being dragged out to much... I don't even think the OP is caring hehe!!!

Bose usually isn't well-regarded in the audiophile community, but if you like them then that's all that matters.

yea i got my answer so i dont really care lol

EDIT: but i wouldnt use bose for working out just in terms of how i treat them during workout hahah and wayyy to expensive to replace if neccessary

Back
Top Bottom