hdtv vs standard satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Guys, I think I am going to upgrade to hdtv. The question I have for you guys is there a big difference between component connection vs HDMI? Is the picture on the tv that much clearer?

thx

Do you mean composite? HDMI is much clearer than composite. It is only slightly better than component.

composite: red yellow white
component: red green blue

And for the love of god don't buy an expensive HDMI cable unless you need it to last 50years in a warzone, or you get it free.

There is extremely little difference between a $10 1meter HDMI cable and $100 1meter HDMI cable. Things get a bit more complicated when you have lengths of cable over 5 or 10 meters, but that's unlikely.

And for the love of god don't buy an expensive HDMI cable unless you need it to last 50years in a warzone, or you get it free.

There is extremely little difference between a $10 1meter HDMI cable and $100 1meter HDMI cable. Things get a bit more complicated when you have lengths of cable over 5 or 10 meters, but that's unlikely.

Is hmdi better than composite cable when it comes to clarity?

I have noticed no difference between HDMI on my 360 and going to component, but when I put it to composite the picture, becomes terrible on an HDTV.

I don't notice a difference at 720p, maybe 1080 or higher yields different results?

Here is the same image on different screen resolutions, not sure exactly how they got those results entirely.

HD_vs_SD_resolutions.png

But, composite just can't display the higher resolutions that the others can handle.

So, two questions, whats your TV support? And what devices are you using? Because standard definition on higher resolution tv sets can look pixelated.

Here is a good read on HDMI/DVI Vs. Component, note that composite isn't listed as it is a very old method of transmitting video. http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/122868.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom