HDTV LCD Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also do LCD's cause burn in. I talked to Samsung and thats all they stress was Burn in Burn in Burn in.

They were talking about Tv's though they said they didn't know about when you use it for a computer monitor.

obliviously 16:9. That is the widescreen aspect ratio... No sense in getting a standard 4:3 screen now.

Make sure that if you go with something in 1080p or 1080i you get a lot better video card. Cause the resolutions can get pretty monstrous.

I have a 6600 NVIDIA 6600 LE Right now. Would that be ok for 720P and/or 1080 P/1080 I Thanks.

720p and 1080p are marginally different when viewing media like TV, and 1080p is very high for playing games. Avoid plasma screens. There life is affected by how high you put the settings on the TV, you can also get images burned into the screen permantley (like channel number in top right and left screen) The best line of LCD Screens (in the UK atleast) Is samsungs current range,
the R76's.

Im not sure wether you have OLED (Organic Light Emmiting Diode, or Organic LED) released yet but thats supposed to be great, much sharper, brighter images than LCD and Plasma, supports full HD and above. A bit pricey though.

SED tv's are also good, i think there built on the principle of each pixel is like a Cathode Ray Tube out of your old CRT. Thus they are very bright and can be built indefinitely large.

720p is only 1280x720. Thats about perfect for playing games.

720p and 1080p are marginally different when viewing media like TV, and 1080p is very high for playing games. Avoid plasma screens. There life is affected by how high you put the settings on the TV, you can also get images burned into the screen permantley (like channel number in top right and left screen) The best line of LCD Screens (in the UK atleast) Is samsungs current range,
the R76's.

Im not sure wether you have OLED (Organic Light Emmiting Diode, or Organic LED) released yet but thats supposed to be great, much sharper, brighter images than LCD and Plasma, supports full HD and above. A bit pricey though.

SED tv's are also good, i think there built on the principle of each pixel is like a Cathode Ray Tube out of your old CRT. Thus they are very bright and can be built indefinitely large.

720p is only 1280x720. Thats about perfect for playing games.

I'd have to say suggesting SED or OLED is out of the picture since i beleive he says he has under a grand to spend and the current OLED's are 12"@$15,000.00

Also i agree with 720p and 1080p being marginallydiffirent when veiwing on Tv, bt hardly any tv putputs to 1080p anyways it is mostly all 720p, on the other hand if your ever going to venture into HDM, go blu, and you will notice a huge diff in Over The Air brodcasts and Blu-ray@1080p. Don't forget LCD's can get burn in too as well as Plasmas,,but since you will be aming you should have no prob with plasma but since you are strapped for cash go LCD since its cheaper,heck even get DLP if you want to, in your case i suggest a 720p LCD around 32"

lcds don't actually suffer burn in, it's something called retention...may be a coined phrase for the situation but it's valid.

take a moment and look at the tech if you don't undertstand it and you'll realize that lcds cannot technically get burn in. It's a whole different method of picture display, unlike the ones that use a beam or catalyst, to excite a medium.

If you leave an LCD on for long periods of time (very long with static imagery) you may notice a lingering ghost image....said image will disappear by merely turning off the monitor and letting it sit.

Come on my old old old CRT gets burn in, well retention as you call it. And it does leave a ghost image for a very long time,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom