HDMI cable for monitor

bL4cKh4T

Baseband Member
I just have one question that I haven't found a clear answer on Google.. What HDMI cable would you recommend for me to buy to get the 144hz refresh rate that my monitor advertises? Right now, i'm getting 60hz when I'm supposed to be getting 144. Thanks for the help

Cable doesn't really matter as long as it's an appropriate thickness (i.e. not a super-ultimate cheap thin one). That said, I don't think HDMI even supports 1080p@144hz...I think the limit is 120hz?

You'll have to use DisplayPort (if your monitor has it) or DVI-D.

Last edited:
HDMI in itself has enough bandwidth for 144hz but 60hz+ isn't part of the spec so controllers in monitors don't typically support higher. For this reason you need Displayport or dual-link DVI.

Ok, thanks. I am using the dvi-d port and now it's at 144hz but I have a dual monitor setup and my other monitor only has a dvi port and my video card only has one dvi port so I'm thinking about buying a dvi to HDMI converter so I can plug it up also

it also depends on the resolution. use displayport if available.
if you only have hdmi and dvi, you don't need a converter, its just an adapter. those are quite same signals, not like vga. in most cases you need a converter for vga, those are a little bit more expensive.

it also depends on the resolution. use displayport if available.
if you only have hdmi and dvi, you don't need a converter, its just an adapter. those are quite same signals, not like vga. in most cases you need a converter for vga, those are a little bit more expensive.

yea, that's what i meant, an adapter. it was just a bad choice of words, lol but i got an adapter for my other monitor and it works good.

Back
Top Bottom