HDMI Audio

also some vid cards need to be connected to the sound cards on the MOBO as if it were for the front headphone/mic connection...

I have my pc hooked to my tv threw hdmi and i have no asound, is that right, or should i have sound???

thanks Kirk
No, I would assume that the video card needs to be hooked to your sound card somehow to produce sound.

I have a laptop with an HDMI output but I couldn't tell you whether or not it has sound because I don't have anything with an HDMI input.....lol

im using 8600gts as in my signature
There's your problem. The 8600GTS does not have any HDMI outputs and is incapable of transmitting sound. It has two DVI and one S-Video outputs. You will need to run a cable from your sound card to your TV in order to have sound.

The white connectors in this pic of an 8600GTS are DVI, the round black one is S-Video:
gtsconnectorsci6.jpg

There's your problem. The 8600GTS does not have any HDMI outputs and is incapable of transmitting sound. It has two DVI and one S-Video outputs. You will need to run a cable from your sound card to your TV in order to have sound.

The white connectors in this pic of an 8600GTS are DVI, the round black one is S-Video:
gtsconnectorsci6.jpg
He says he has it hooked up with an HDMI cable already....how can that be if the video card doesn't even have an HDMI port?

Please explain OP, or post pics.

Actually I did find an 8600GTS with HDMI out, but I also read that only ATI cards support audio through HDMI.

i have dvi to hdmi adapter and its sopposed to transfer sound, but oh well ,im getting speakers for my computer anyway thanks

01001010 is correct, DVI only carries video, not sound. You need a video card with true HDMI capability to transmit sound.

Back
Top Bottom