HDD Problem

Lippy

Baseband Member
I've recently built a new computer and everything turns on. When I try to install windows through an external dvd-drive it would give me an error. It loads all the key components needed to install windows and right after it finishes loading everything my computer crashes. It says that my HDD either has a virus (which is impossible since its a brand new drive). Unplug the newly installed HDD or HDD controllers (I've tried switching cables) and make sure that your HDD is properly configured and terminated (which I'm not sure If I have done that).

How would you configure a brand new computers HDD? I haven't installed anything yet and was hoping to install windows first. Would I need to configure some settings in the BIOS menu? What else would you need to configure If your computer is freshly built?

This is my HDD: Seagate Barracuda (ST3500418AS) 7200.12 SATA 3.0Gb/s 500GB 16MB Cache (OEM) | Canada Computers

Sorry for being a total noob, this is my first build :p

I'm guessing that the disc is most likely the problem, what do you guys think?

strange is shouldnt do this. Try connecting the hard-drive on to another sata channel and try the install again. You can also try to upgrade the motherboards BIOS, Older computers have problems with larger hard-drives.

Back
Top Bottom