HDD Price have become INSANE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you really need to install Rise of Nations to your SSD :p

Yes I did, because unfortunately I don't have any other HDD :( and i wanted to play.

I dont know if it helps and you dont mind using something that is in used conditioned.
But check out ebay and amazon.com for sata 60gb-250gb's western digital and seagate and hitatchi.

I agree with yami about you putting those games on there, but you could do better than that.
Take out 3 of those games and that should cut out about 40gb's worth of space.
Give windows 7 some breathing room to work around and do what it does best.

40gb is a bit optimistic as I only had around 15-20gb when I installed them, unless they magically expand the drive when they are uninstalled :)

Its not that im completely against used parts but when I get a hard drive (or two) I want it to be 500-1tb.

could make your paging file smaller too.
judging by your sig, your current paging file should be around 12 gigbytes.

I've set mine to 16 MB minimum, and like 500 MB max.
been fine so far.

could make your paging file smaller too.
judging by your sig, your current paging file should be around 12 gigbytes.

I've set mine to 16 MB minimum, and like 500 MB max.
been fine so far.

Just like with the hibernating, another nooby question. What the hell is a paging file and how do I change it??
thanks for the suggestion even though I don't know what it is ;)

Just like with the hibernating, another nooby question. What the hell is a paging file and how do I change it??
thanks for the suggestion even though I don't know what it is ;)
A page file (or swap file) is a large file that Windows stores information from RAM that isn't being used once RAM gets full. Lets say your RAM is 55% full and you load a game, Windows will offload other things to your page file to make room for that game in RAM. Your pagefile is usually the same size, double, or larger than your RAM. You can find it and change it in the advanced properties if you right click my computer and hit properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom