Hdd Led?

hascet

Fully Optimized
When I built my new comp the HDD light owrked and everything, but then I installed a new hard drive and now it doesn't work, I checked the connection and everything seems to be fine...

check the jumpers on the mobo, see if when you installed the new drive you knowed it loose (this is assuming you only checked connections to the drive itself.)

Ya I checked the jumper its making good cantact iwht the mobo connector...

i'm tempted to say the led is just bad. does the hard drive work? (sorry that was a stupid question, but i had to ask it).

My power LED doesn't work :(. But my HDD LED does. Just make sure everything is in the right slot, I used the Asus Q connect, Thats so easy and handy to use.

I can take a pic of where it all goes, But later tonight im pretty busy now doing some paper work :(

if it wasn't for the fact that i'm sure you did't move the jumpers i'd say its a possiblity that they are backwards (positive in teh negitive terminal). By the sounds of it you didn't change them around, but if you did remove them, try switching them.

Did you go from an IDE drive to a SATA drive? Some older motherboards don't support SATA activity monitoring.

No they were both SATA, the hdd works, I also used the Asus q-connect, the led was working before so I don't think its bad, and I disconnected the plug to make sure it was on the right way...plus I didn't change it from when it was workign before and it didn't work...

+ Rep for celegorm. Yeah turns out it was the wrong way around.. yaay now I have lots of blue shiny lights in my room xD

I stuffed up my comp just for reading this thread :(

i'm glad i helped on person.

did u use the q-connect on the old hdd (sorry bout all the stupid questions, just trying to rule things out)

if avalable, i'd try plugging it in to another computer (as a slave so it don't mess up your drivers and windows activation) and see if when you browse around the new drive the second computers HDD_LED blinks.

Back
Top Bottom