Hd2900xt

tehczar

In Runtime
My HD2900XT came today, I've looked over the manual although it has no documentation about installing the card with 2x 6 pin PCIe cables.

For the 8pin cable how am I support to hook in the 6pin cable to it, plug it in far to the left and have the the far to plug spots open or plug to the far right and have the two far left open

XXXO
XXXO

or

OXXX
OXXX

X spots are how the 6pin is plugged in to the 8 pin

O means open spot

which way do i plug it in

thanks

actually, i dont think i would do that if i were you..

the card should have came with an adapter... to take a 4 pin legacy up to a 8 pin PCIE or one of the 6 pin ones up to an 8 pin.... i dont know, i cant seem to find those converters online anywhere, but i know that i have seen them somewhere before.

EDIT--!_!_!!--- here ya go, found this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198003 ... it takes a regular 4 pin molex (or legacy, whichever you prefer) and converts it to 8 pin PCIE

now, there might still be a way to connect it with a 6 pin, but i dont know how....

you can run it with 2x 6ping PCIe adapters safely, you just cant overclock with ATI overdrive...
i just dont know the correct way to do so, which is why i made this post

ok this is somewhat of a stupid thread because I realize now there is only 1 way I can plug in the PCIe connecter w/o forcing it.

Is there anything I need to do with the remaing to open pin spots, or am I good 2 go?

ahhh, ok, so... you can use a 6 pin... hmmm, i didnt know that for sure...

haha, if you google it, there are actually a lot of people asking that same question..

does your card only have the one 8 pin or an 8 pin and a 6 pin? if it has both, just connect the 6 pin and it should work fine. it just wont overclock very well.

EDIT---- beat me posting a response... if you found the way to SAFELY connect it (by that i mean not frying you or your card) then you are good to go.. :)

Back
Top Bottom