Hd2600

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
would a system with pentium 4 3.00ghz, 1gb ram and 350 watt ps be able to use a HD 2600 pro or xt AGP without bottlenecking?

The processor would be in a general perspective ok. But the agp bus could be overloaded with that card.

well, in my vista performance ratings, my cpu (the same as yours) is the limiting factor as that is the component which received the lowest score (rating of cpu of 4.2).

but will the power supply provide enough power for the system to maintain while playing cod4 as in not shutting down while playing?

EDIT-and is visiontek a good brand?
ive heard people that said visiontek had bad support and the ati drivers dont work with vista.
and that this card doesnt run at all with vista; if anyone has this card, can u tell me if this is true?

Visiontek is a very good brand. From what I remember, support was excellent. I had a Visiontek GeForce Ti4200 way back. I had to RMA it and the whole process was quick and easy.

The specs say the ATI HD 2600 Pro has full support for DirectX 10 so it should run under Vista just fine. It also needs at least a 400W power supply.

As for the drivers, just use the one's available directly from the ATI website.

Visiontek is a very good brand. From what I remember, support was excellent. I had a Visiontek GeForce Ti4200 way back. I had to RMA it and the whole process was quick and easy.

The specs say the ATI HD 2600 Pro has full support for DirectX 10 so it should run under Vista just fine. It also needs at least a 400W power supply.

As for the drivers, just use the one's available directly from the ATI website.
the visiontek website said at least 350 watt though and i thought visiontek was an ati brand.

EDIT- which card would be better overall?
Visiontek radeon HD2600 PRO 256mb AGP
Powercolor radeon x700 256mb AGP

The HD 2600 Pro is leaps and bounds better than a X700. If the Visiontek site says 350W, then your's should be OK.

Visiontek is a manufacturer that uses ATI components in their products.

Back
Top Bottom