hd video playback

Those answers don't make much sense. I'm guessing you mean the file is .mov and you want to embed it with quicktime?

Embed script for quicktime videos
Code:
<object [B]width="160" height="144"[/B]
classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
[B]<param name="src" value="sample.mov">[/B]
<param name="autoplay" value="true">
<param name="controller" value="false">

[B]<embed src="sample.mov" width="160" height="144"[/B]
autoplay="true" controller="false"
pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
</embed>

</object>

Replace Sample.mov with the location of the video and the size setting with whatever is relevant.

Autoplay can be true or false depending on whether you want the video to start playing when you open the page.
Controller also true or false depending on whether you want the control panel at the bottom to show. (I'd recommend True)

Then use a simple link code:
Code:
<a href="FILELOCATION.zip">Download this movie!</a>
to point to the videos location.
If you point to the file inside a compressed folder (.zip .rar .tar.gz) then clicking the link will start a download in the conventional manner, your users simply have to unzip the file on there end. If you point to the file in its raw stare (eg "video.mov") the video will start playing- so ask your users to right click the link and "Save as..."

Hope this lot helps, if you're confused let me know.

thats awesome
thanks so much bro
i just need a good templete and i should be good

Glad i could help.
Link us up with the site once you've got it going, would be cool to see what you've built.

ok im going to tell you guys my exact situation
never built a full site
this is what i no
my friend had an extra domain name in his plan with hosting
so we gave it to me and to acsses the server im using filezilla
heres the site
www.macwrestling.org
starting from scratch i need to no how to set up my template
i already uploaded that to the server

im helping esa here with this site, and when trying to edit the template that he got, it was messed up alot. it would be helpful if someone could help us edit the template. also, with the quicktime player, it works perfectly but the video doesnt start playing until the whole video is downloaded, basically it doesnt stream.

a sample of the template could be found on the site, as esa mentioned, macwrestling.org

the test page with the video and broken template could be found here.
macwrestling.org/vidtest.htm

esa is going to post the template source as soon as he can, so maybe you guys can take a look at it.

thanks for any help in advance.

I'll take a look at the template when i can.

What are you using to build the site tho guys? I.e. Dreamweaver, Nvu, Notepad etc.

Back
Top Bottom