HD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Im having some small HD troubles and i cant seem to figure out what it is.

It seems to happen at random times, all of a sudden i just hear my IDE hd power down.... it will imediatley spin back up but this is enought to crash windows most of the time. I have changed the power cables over 3-4 times to eliminate the HD not getting enought power but it still seems to keep happening. I've taken out the power cable splitter on the off chance that im using to much power on one of the molex lengths. Use to have connected to it HD,DVD and 1 of the power connectors for my 7800GTX.

I will see how it goes, but this is a little anoying.

Thanks.

It could be the PSU, but also it can be a virus there's one that does that. And, don't ignore my post because of my little posts I'm new here on this forum but not on computers nor electronics. Good Luck. By the way my PSU is a No Name too!!

Hey welcome to the noname psu club. is it possible you can try the hdd in a diff computer, cause it sounds like it may be going out. also, yes it could be a virus, so when was the last time you did a virus check? now dont get me wrong, but some noname psu's r pretty good, but this could be a symptom of a powersupply failing. how long have you had it?

the PSU is about a year old, if the problem keeps happening i will try the HDD in my bros PC and if its failing ill buy a new on ASAP because this one has all my files on it.

I finally got around to having a look at the logs and i found a huge list and all from today.

I ordered a new 320GB Seagate 7200.10 HD today, im guessing the HDs motor was just dying and i should be able to copy my files accross to the new drive. Otherwise it could be a PSU or Motherboard problem.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom