Having trouble, trouble shooting O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirusx69

Solid State Member
Anyhow to start off..my computer specs..

P4 2.8Ghz
Nvidia geforce 7800 GS 256mb
2GBs pc5300 RAM
1x 250GB Segate 7200rpms
1x Western Digital 30GB
500Watt Generic PSU

Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000G Motherboard

My computer actually worked completely fine for several months untill recently
when i was playing world of warcraft (blah) and the UI started flickering. Scared of the video card failure I loaded up warhammer and F.E.A.R. to which I found everything to run completely fine. So i restarted my computer to which it would no longer boot windows. It would get to the welcome screen to which my screen would black out and have a distorted white box with RGB dotted into it (computer froze as well). In attempts to trouble shoot i booted into safe mode which actually booted completely fine EXCEPT this result

2361b66924.jpg

After having several of my computer savy friends and myself attempt to trouble shoot we came down to 2 solutions. 1) being the video card or 2) Power supply (to explain, the 7800 GS is heavily dependent on the 12V rail of the PSU so we thought possibly the PSU was not sending enough output to the Video card).

I tested the PSU with several PSU testers which all showed green so I plugged it back in and started it up. This time it worked completely fine..for the first few minuets. After that it restarted itself and froze at POST. So i turned it off and rebooted and now all I get is my power LED on my case blinking repeatedly and my HDD LED on my case stays solid.

Any solutions or suggestions?
[*]null
[*]null
[*]null
[/LIST]

give me like...15 mins driving to friend's house as I type. Ill get the results to ya.

OK so i plugged it into my friend's computer and notthing, works perfectly fine. windows boots perfectly, no blinking lights no notthing.

as far as video drivers go, I uninstalled and reinstalled the video drivers and im using a fresh install of windows xp sp2. Also that screen shot i can no longer even get to anymore. like i stated above NOW when i turn on my computer my hardware all turns on etc BUT the screen does not turn on and my POWER LED blinks and my HDD LED stays solid.

yea the HDD's are for certain turning on as you can hear them start up with the power and yes just to be certain i did check for vibrations and sound and everything seems to be normal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom