Having Extreamly low FPS with 9800gt

Try playing at the lowest settings. If it works then increase it until you get a lag you can't live with.

Did you download/install the latest drivers?

i'd say that your gpu has to be faulty. I just took a look at the specs and the game requires a radeon 9600 to run at minimum settings, your 9800gt should be able to max it out easily. the only problem that i can see might be your processor, the game needs a P4 at 2.0GHz while you have a phenom x4 at 1.8GHz. If the game is single threaded then that could be your problem.
I wouldn't doubt my gpu is fault.Thank god i have a 5 year manufacture warranty :p.I never understood how to fully understand requirements.What does P4 mean and same thing with Single threaded.I'd overclock it but i have no experience with it.

P4=Pentium 4

When coders make an application then they have to program it to utilize a maximum amount of threads(or cores in most cases). Its a whole ton of work to program something to utilize more than 1 core. Most programs today only use 2, so if your game is only made to use a single core then your processor is worse than a pentium 4.

Is your computer entirely custom built and are you using the stock cpu cooler?

P4=Pentium 4

When coders make an application then they have to program it to utilize a maximum amount of threads(or cores in most cases). Its a whole ton of work to program something to utilize more than 1 core. Most programs today only use 2, so if your game is only made to use a single core then your processor is worse than a pentium 4.

Ehh it's stock but i wouldn't mind upgrading my cpu cooler.Coolers better and i get to overclock =D

quick question about OCing do i have to go into my BIOs to OC or are there programs that i can do this from my desktop?When i go to my BIOs it doesn't give me to options to change the FSB etc.

P4=Pentium 4

It's got a slower clockspeed but I definitely wouldn't say it's worse. Clock speed is one of the least important factors with a processor, and is only useful for comparing processors in the same series. The actual architecture is what makes the difference.

if it is single threaded then he'd be better off with a faster P4 cuz the original phenoms weren't the greatest

but it might be the reason as to why hes playing at minimum settings. i just noticed that you have a 5770, do you want a second one?

but it might be the reason as to why hes playing at minimum settings. i just noticed that you have a 5770, do you want a second one?

I agree that it's most likely the biggest factor here, but I do not agree that you can judge a processors performance based solely on clock speed, that's all.

Yeah, I would love a second, why?

Pentium 4's are crazy slow for their clock speed. I'd keep the Phenom II and pick up a new motherboard and overclock it if the BIOS is locked.

Back
Top Bottom