Having doubts about Toshiba M400 Portege

Stick_man

Solid State Member
I have an M400 Portege and I think I want a Mac. It seems to me this is a great for an "on the go" professional, but I have no need for a computer outside of work and could care less about all its doo dads; which I don't even know what they are/ can't be bothered. I do like that it comes with a DVD Burner however.

I want something that I can surf the net with downtown when i'm in a coffee shop and that i can take on vacation with me that doesn't weigh a lot. I think i want trade the Portege for a Mac. the Toshiba feels like you're carrying around a bowling ball.

I only bought it because I got a great deal on it from my girlfreind's sister but . . . is there a way to trade this thing for a Mac and not get ripped off in the process? Ideally I want to make some money on the deal since my computer costs more no?

Most notebooks loose their value within the first few days of ownership. You might be able to buy a used or refurbished Mac if you look hard enough. Maybe you'll find a buyer for that Toshiba, but I'd be hard pressed to get anything above 70% of the price you had originally paid.

You could try to post in the barter section of craigslist.

I doubt it will get you much, as most ma users wouldn't really consider getting a windows PC, but who knows, and it's worth a try.

i only paid 200 for it but it was 2 years old and used when i got it. They go for like 1200 new so i was excited but . . .

i thought i got a deal. My lady's sister worked for a firm that filed bk and was selling their comps cheap. I thought I was getting a new one . . . 200 seems like what they're going for, so i just paid a fair price; not a steal. i've seen refurb macs go for 700 but from a retail store not craigslist or anything . . . are macs really that good? I am getting a little sick of having to restart in the middle of what im doing for windows updates.

Or get linux :D
Yeah, If its only $200, you can't get any modern mac laptop. I think the best you could really get is a G3 ibook, maybe a G4 if you can get an awesome deal.

I think the best you could really get is a G3 ibook, maybe a G4 if you can get an awesome deal.

I don't suggest anything without an Intel processor. Apple is currently phasing out those old PowerPC computers.

Exactly. That's why I said he couldn't get a modern mac laptop.
I have a G4 ibook, and it is a good laptop, but I don't suggest buying one nowadays.

You can get a CD macbook for abut $600.

Back
Top Bottom