Having a Problem

iamchickenlover

Daemon Poster
When i turn the power onto my computer all the leds and fans spin up the hdd spin the dvd drive light goes on too, the strange thing is normally my gpu fan speeds up slows then speeds up again when the bios boots up. But right now i hear no beeps and my gpu fans just slows way down. The light on my monitor stays yellow so it is also not receiving a signal. I recently installed windows 7 but i never went online with it so i could not have gotten a virus and i had this problem when i had vista on it and i just waited 2 days and it worked again, it has now been a week.
I have tried switching the slots of my gpu, turning it off and on a lot, took the battery out over night while unplugged, used the bios reset jumpers on my mobo, yelled at it, threatened it, took it all apart made sure everything was seated right and nothing was short circuiting the thing. all with no success i cannot think of anything else to try so again help PLEASE.
I am getting desperate, i cannot afford a new computer right now so any advice besides get a new one would be awesome.
my pc specs
2 amd fx 72 skt 1207 cpu's
amd radeon 4870x2
tagen 1000w psu
asus l1n64 sli motherboard
wd 500 gig hdd
some random dvd drive from an old hp computer.
4 gig ddr2 g.skill ram
windows 7 professional

You should go to the PC Hardware store near your house and ask them what the problem is.

That's some nice GPU specs you got there, I hope it's not broken.

Does your mobo have onboard graphics? Try removing the videocard and using onboard graphics see if you can get a picture on your monitor.

Does your mobo have onboard graphics? Try removing the GPU and using onboard graphics see if it boots.

If the mobo comes with an onboard Graphics and if you don't remove them, it could cause malfunctions like the one iamchickenlover has posted?

If the mobo comes with an onboard Graphics and if you don't remove them, it could cause malfunctions like the one iamchickenlover has posted?

I meant to remove his 4870x2 videocard and try loading off the onboard graphics if available. Moreof to diagnose/narrow down his problem than to solve anything.

I didn't mean to remove the onboard graphics, sorry, bad wording. Was just trying to verify the problem is with the videocard.

I meant to remove his 4870x2 videocard and try loading off the onboard graphics if available. Moreof to diagnose/narrow down his problem than to solve anything.

Oh I see, so that you can check if the problem is the mobo or the GPU.
Good Thinking.

This is a dual socket mega tasking motherboard, there is no on board video.
I live in the sticks, the nearest computer store that is competent is about one and half hours away and my parents will not let me drive that far away due to me getting in a accident a while back. I brought it to the nearest one and they said they did not know, maybe a virus caused it. Considering i had just installed a new o/s that never went on the internet i doubt it was a virus.
Any more advice? getting desperate here.
Here are mobo specs
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=GXcdRoGS08S794qS

I'm guessing mobo. Everything "powering-up" but no bios is a classic bad mobo issue.

I'm guessing mobo. Everything "powering-up" but no bios is a classic bad mobo issue.

That is what i was afraid of and really hoped it would not be dead, i cannot just buy a new motherboard because no one makes socket 1207 motherboards that are not server motherboards and really expensive.
Can anyone give me a second opinion? :)

It could be your power supply going bad... not that 1000W isn't enough power, but that something is wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom