Have You Heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerios

Banned
Microsoft wants to build a search engine so much greater than google's LOL, and they want to compete with google, yah right. Try again soon Microsoft, maybe in a million years time

well, it takes money, ideas, and execution.

I know MS has money and lots of it.
I'm pretty sure they have ideas, or all the 'talk' would not be surfacing about "THE GREAT SEARCH ENGINE".

Now, when and if they can execute is another question.
I'm guessing sooner or later, MS will come out with a search engine... whether or not it will be better than Google or Yahoo... have to wait and see.

The thing is...it was Google that had the idea. They way they built the search engine is absolutely brilliant. It will take a lot of money to both top it and get people to switch to it. I would hope they don't...they control enough as is. And besides, I'm all for new companies coming in that get to high places simply because of their innovation...

One other thing about Google is its simplicity. Microsoft, in nearly everything else they have done, has failed to be such. I don't know if they will manage to make this any different...

I read a very interesting article on E- Business Week just 2 weeks ago. It talked about how Google is indeed vulnerable to competition. Not M$ but Yahoo! Yahoo has been making some serious progress lately with their search engine and their business model poses a serious threat to Google's #1 position. For several reasons. I read it and found it to be a very good read. If i can find it - i will post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom