Have two hard disks connected to my computer, please help!

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
I have two hard disks connected to my HP Compaq D530 CMT. One is the original 40GB hard disk, the other is the 1.6GB hard disk that came from my Compaq Presario 2200.

The 40GB HDD has Windows 2000 installed on it, while the 1.6GB HDD has nothing on it. Anyways, I'm trying to install Windows 98 on the 1.6GB HDD. How do I do that directly from Windows 2000? Since I can't install Windows 98 directly on my Presario 2200 and my HP Compaq isn't booting to the CD, how can I install Windows 98 this way?

The bootable flash drive is the best bet - Windows 2000 won't support installing Windows 98 from within the OS, you're effectively "downgrading" and the OS won't support that.

The bootable flash drive is the best bet - Windows 2000 won't support installing Windows 98 from within the OS, you're effectively "downgrading" and the OS won't support that.

Yeah I will try making a bootable USB drive. I just won't be able to use it in my Compaq Presario 2200 as it does not have any USB ports built in it, so my guess is to remove the primary hard disk from my HP Compaq and then set the 2200's hard disk as the default, am I correct?

The system may be too old to support a bootable flash drive, thought of that last night after I posted - your best bet in this case is to disconnect the other drive or move it down in boot order in the BIOS (if supported) and then use an external CDROM drive, but since you don't have any USB connections, that may be a moot point as well. Kind of stuck up a creek here.

The system may be too old to support a bootable flash drive, thought of that last night after I posted - your best bet in this case is to disconnect the other drive or move it down in boot order in the BIOS (if supported) and then use an external CDROM drive, but since you don't have any USB connections, that may be a moot point as well. Kind of stuck up a creek here.

Well, I do have another MDG that is running Windows XP. Perhaps that would be a better idea since the HP Compaq runs Windows 2000?

Back
Top Bottom