Have any of you experienced this?

mikk0090

Solid State Member
My computer is a 2001 sony Vaio, 1.5 ghz pentium 4 and such.

My problem is: When i try to run any game such as Everquest, Ultima Online, Tibia, or anything of the like, it will load up fine, let me into the game, but when i walk around using the arrow keys, sometimes it will act as if the keys are stuck, but they arent.

Sometimes when im going thorugh the "key stick lag" when i push the other direction keys, and when it stops moving in one direction, it will then go through all the directions i pushed, each lag lasts around 5-15 secs on normal, and is really annoying.

When i play non full-screen games, such as UO or Tibia, when it goes through the lag session, i cannot use my tool bar, or start menue, until the lag is through.

in all games and programs (lag only occurs when im on a game) typing is delayed byt at least 1 second per character.

Has anyone experienced this? and if so what did you do to fix it?

Sounds like maybe there's something wrong with the Keyboard; or indeed something is being done by the Computer which makes this lag and puts the Keyboard at the back of the que as it always does. DO you have an Anti-Virus Checker?

Check that, do a scan and look. A Virus may be causing the slow down - but it could also be spyware which you would have to find yourself. Things like Gatar, DateTime, and Precision Time are all programs which will do this. Kazaa on that Computer would slow a lot of things down. Many other things could be doing it. Have a look with the Virus Checker first.

Tanks alot, i will check everything through and through, and if the problem persists, i will let you know.

The slow downs, or lags, or glitches, or whatever they are, only happen when im playing any sort of game, they text delay doesnt happen, and the keyboard stick feature doesnt happen when im just surfing the net, or downloading music or what have you, this has really boffled me.

That is really strange - maybe it is just the games you are playing are too fast for the computer? Or as I said something is pushing it over when you're playing a gam like Spyware or a Virus.

I can only think that your computer is struggling to play the games. What FSB have you got on that P4? Try turning down the graphics on the games.

It even does it on low memory 2D games as well. (www.tibia.com) is one game, its very small, about 4 MB and it still does it, but it only does it on games, even java games..

400 mhz FSB

this did not start happening until i restored my computer the last time, before that, it never occured, but i have misplaced my restoration CDs, and am looking to get my better computer up and running, just need a hard drive and o/s for it.

Back
Top Bottom