Has the PC bubble burst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. Yes, its keeping people gaming on the PC but its a 4 year old game and the tech was mediocre even by 2004 standards. Its one of the few games that will run on a cheap PC. Once WoW finally loses appeal to the consoles its players will go.

I don't agree with that statement at all.

First of all, at maxed out graphics it take a bit of hardware to run.

2nd it comes out with expansions all the time that keep it somewhat up to date and sometimes require people to update.

3rd, i hear alot of people say they wouldn't want WoW to look any other way, they like this look.

And finally, WoW is so addicting that I don't think it could ever die... Blizzard makes so much, that they would just come out with a WoW2 or something if they ever needed to.

Plus don't forget CS:S and games like it, that attract millions of players to it. And i am not exaggerating, the numbers are that high even for such an old game.

And also starcraft... which is ancient and still has a steady amount of users.

there is no pc bubble
pc is technology...it will always progress, be used and adopted regardless of what given demographic thinks it is not progressing....

it's a big world and often many think it is only their thoughts in their heads that exist...

eventhough I use a pc and prefer pc gaming, I always make fun of pc gamers who try and make fun of console gamers ;)

it takes a pc system aka development system to make the games for the alternative platform, hence there is no stagnation...

devs with more powerful hardware can get their games out faster...

some have no need to upgrade to Vista....I upgraded to Vista and I will build another computer for 64bit Vista...and I will also upgrade to the next version of Windows when the time arrives and I have need for a new system...

you don't have to upgrade to anything that comes out, you don't have to buy anything that comes out...only if YOU want it....

I hate sports cars, so I don't buy them and don't believe in the commercials that tell me my life will improve and I will be sexier when I buy one...

Moore's Law will continue up to a point, until the technology leap surpasses it...projected to be about this year or 2...where it will quadruple instead of doubling...

tech does not stagnate....

however, in the US, the declining value of the dollar can create the perception of such...but the perception is very transparent for those with a good general knowledge of life and the world...

;)

I think probably the biggest of these is the fact the gamers are moving away from the PC at such a high rate. Without the gamers driving the sales of high-end hardware, what will? Even as a PC gamer, I see little need to go out and upgrade my hardware with the quality of games that are being produced on PC today.

Thats why we have NosBoost

I think is really just an economic thing. Market goes south, people buy fewer components.
That too. Currently interest rates are on the rise. Even though PCs, Laptops and Parts are getting cheapers, I don't see people spending at much as they did 12 months ago.

Right now with the economy being the way it is, people are holding onto the P4 3.0Ghz for just a little bit longer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom