has MP killed the co-op games

borstarhymes

whats high score mean
I feel like the answer to this is yes and that sucks a s I love co-op it gives you that old timey good feel of playing with your boys instead of against them

I feel like the answer to this is yes and that sucks a s I love co-op it gives you that old timey good feel of playing with your boys instead of against them

Seems that way. I feel like good co-op games have been pretty rare for a long time though. As much as I liked Far Cry 4, I was pretty annoyed that they took out the separate co-op campaign that was in 3 and just replaced it with standard in-game co-op. Aside from getting the 2 trophies for it, it was pretty pointless.

Seems that way. I feel like good co-op games have been pretty rare for a long time though. As much as I liked Far Cry 4, I was pretty annoyed that they took out the separate co-op campaign that was in 3 and just replaced it with standard in-game co-op. Aside from getting the 2 trophies for it, it was pretty pointless.
killzone 3 was the last great game to feature well done co-op I feel

Borderlands co-op was/is fantastic as well. They are few and far between though. Bloodborne had all the tools to do it and jacked it up with a terrible summoning mechanic.
somehow borderlands slipped my mind but yeah you're right , and I agree that was the worst summoning mechanic hands down

somehow borderlands slipped my mind but yeah you're right , and I agree that was the worst summoning mechanic hands down

The biggest issue with it is that it required insight to summon. Most people gave up on that game early because the first two areas were too steep of a learning curve. That is where people needed to be able to summon more than the game let them.

why there needed to be a challenging summoning mechanic at all is beyond me

I think they were trying to be different than the Souls games, but still limit people somewhat. In Souls you had to be "human" to summon someone. If you died you became hollow and were unable to do it until you either beat a boss, helped someone successfully in their game or used an item, so in a way they had similar restrictions. I much prefer the soapstone signs to summon over the bells though. The bells fit better into the world I feel, but in practice they just aren't as good.

I'd say no. There's a lot of games out there that feature co-op pve stuff.

Online multiplayer in consoles definitely killed couch co-op, but co-op is alive and well.

I have never understood why the don't put co-op in shooters I loved playing KZ3 with my buddy. even with the stupid side by side screen

Back
Top Bottom