Has anybody ordered here and is it worth it?

I was just doing some research because I heard a few of you guys talking about the new G0 Stepping. So these chips are supposed to be better at overclocking and have a higher temp threshold @71C? I was thinking about ordering one of the quadcores here. Is this site reliable?

Q6600 G0 Stepping

Also I'd probally pick up the Thermal Right Ultra Extreme 120 as well since its a little bit better at cooling will that fit on the Evga 680I?

I wouldn't bother with aftermarket cooling. If I were you, just stick with stock cooling unless you want to do some heavy OCing.

The GOStepping is just a new revision of the Core Duo or in your case, the Quad Core line. It's better and yes, you should get it. Low voltages, cooler, faster, more OC friendly, etc. Although I've never heard of that website, it looks ok. I would just rather go with Newegg.

I haven't ordered from them before, but I know many who have. It's legit. :D Supposedly a pretty good place.

Well heavy overclocking is on my agenda lol. I have a Zalman9700 right now but figured i'd give that one a wirl.

WHY?!?! that cooler is great. you should be able to take that thing a long ways with that zalman. and with 4 cores you wouldnt need to OC it at all :)

WHY?!?! that cooler is great. you should be able to take that thing a long ways with that zalman. and with 4 cores you wouldnt need to OC it at all :)

Well i'm thinking about making quite a few changes in the upcomming months. I'll probally order another 8800gts and sli them so i'm going to need a new PSU shortly. And I want to get a coolermaster stacker case for better airflow. I've got that spare Asus p5n32 so I may just put the core2duo in it with that old ocz and basically start building a new system lol.

you could use the stock HSF from the quad on the C2D. good luck on the new build too :)

you could turn it into a LAN rig

you could use the stock HSF from the quad on the C2D. good luck on the new build too :)

you could turn it into a LAN rig

Nah the stock HSF would run way to hot for my tastes. Not sure if i'm going to do it all or not. I'm still debating if I want to upgrade again so soon. I dunno logic says not to but I get in a mood then click add to cart and buy it. I need to quit doing that.

yeah i guess by the time you really need a quad core to game then they will be pretty cheap, IMO save your money for something else. do you have a girlfriend\wife go buy them something specail :D if you dont you WILL need it in the future haha!

Back
Top Bottom