Harmless computer fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I want to see what little harmless pranks people like to play on their friends or families computers just to get a chuckle. I'm talking things that won't ruin the computer (i.e. viruses and malicious software), but just little things to annoy the user.

For example I enjoy taking a screenshot of the persons desktop and saving it as their wallpaper then hiding all the icons. It always give me a chuckle watching them try to click the folders and hey won't open :lol:

Another fun one is to pop the keys on the keyboard around. This only works for novice people who don't know their way around a keyboard yet. I'll switch the M and N and quite often the Y and T. It's funny watching someone try to type a word like Monday and they type Nomday :confused: then they can't figure out why.

How about you guys? Any harmless pranks you try?

Don't you mean Nomdat?

I love switching the icons, look the same, but route them to different apps. Did it on a friend once. Why is notepad opening instead of Word?

I never thought about switching the paths, that could be amusing. Another one I like to do is slow down and invert the mouse. The frustration some people get over that is out right hilarious.

Another fun one is to pop the keys on the keyboard around. This only works for novice people who don't know their way around a keyboard yet. I'll switch the M and N and quite often the Y and T. It's funny watching someone try to type a word like Monday and they type Nomday :confused: then they can't figure out why.
lol, I used to this all the time during sixth form. The year 7 class (6th grade for Americans) came immediately after our class. It was immense fun coming up with excuse to stay for a bit and watching the ensuing torment :D

How about you guys? Any harmless pranks you try?
Same scenario as above, but unplugging the ethernet cables juuust enough so they look plugged in but aren't. Also, all the printers at my school were unprotected so from our laptops we were able to print anything to anywhere in the school. We abused that rather too much, I think (like, sending messages 'I am watching you, [current teacher in that room]!')

Back in high school using back orifice had unlimited potential.
Having someone's computer talk to them while they were in the middle of writing a paper was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom