Hardware comparison and opinions on build.

WeedCali

Baseband Member
Hello CF, first off, let me give you the rundown on this build ive been ever so slowly fantasizing/building for quite a while... lol

So basically, im a producer and my computer is quite outdated so when i have multiple VST plugins open and working on a song, it boggs down a lot. I get skipping everywhere and its just all around slow. The specs are: AMD Athlon XP 2.08ghz (yeah, socket A), 1gb ddr 266, Radeon X1300 512mb. So I've been working on a new system to really get things going.

The specs i had originally planned are:

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition case*
Antec Neo650w PSU*
ASUS m4a89gtd Pro/USB3 mobo
2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1333 RAM (have it, but not able to use yet)
AMD Phenom II X6
Sapphire HD5670
havent really decided on a HDD since I already have a few.

*already bought and am now using

Now since money is quite tight for me, I've opted for lower performance/price hardware.

Instead of the m4a89gtd Pro/USB3, i think I'll just get the m4a88t-v EVO since its cheaper and has onboard HD4250 graphics which is already better than what i have now.

The big question is, since My funds are low, should i just get the Cheaper mobo and a $34 Sempron 140 with unlockable core for the time being? eventually i would save up for the X6 and heck, it'll be cheaper by then too.

I have also considered getting the Micro ATX version of that mobo which is also cheaper but ive never actually had a full ATX mobo and i would appreciate the extra PCI slots for a decent sound card etc...

Any thoughts? really appreciate any feedback :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom