Hardrive In Freezer Test

oh right ....................

well this doesnt look like its gonna work its still stuck and the drive is starting to feel wet by touch :(
gonna give it a reboot see if its n e diff.

ok jus tried booting from the ide drive itself instead of having it as my 2nd drive,

n it came up invali boot.ini file booting from C:/windows and then its froze on a black screen again,

i think i can almost def say hardrive is dead, im gonna give it a shot in the dark and see if it will let me do a repair windows on it

ummmmm im feeling rather silly lol,

i cant find the repair button,

i tried with home and pro and after i select the drive it jus goes to formatting options, not the usual would you like to repair ????

guess ill try installing pro along side it with no format.

now i really am stuck,

it only gives me ntfs format or ntfs quick format and not, "leave the current file system in tact"

i am really down to my last straw now and i think that will be ubuntu live cd

yh well it gives me the option to press R for the recovery console but thats not what i want, im sure after you choose the partition youd like to install it on another windows comes up and says there is allready a copy of windows on this drive do you wish to repair or continue,

or something along the lines of that but its not coming up.

Edit. i think its because my earlier message, the boot.ini file is corrupt so the xp installation is not detecting windows on the hardrive, i may need to repair boot.ini then see if it will let me repair,

after i try my ubuntu c.d, jus buring a fresh one now

lol exactly what i was jus reading which ed me to belive my boot.ini file was corrupt, and the error i got earlier.

Edit, now trying to load ubuntu live and keep getting

buffer i/o error on device sda1, logical block 81
buffer i/o error on device sda1, logical block 88
buffer i/o error on device sda1, logical block 18
well loads of em think i got it on 81-88-89-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-32-33-34-35-36

got lots of em and its not booting :(

dead drive

what are the chances through windows xp recovery console i could cd to the correct folder and back up the data to another hardrive or usb stick ?

I think it would be quite slim,Seeing as this error:

buffer i/o error on device sda1, logical block 81

Im pretty sure it means the that Input Output controller is stuffing up,therefore i dont think you would get the data of it.....

Back
Top Bottom