Hardive low gig than should be

Shutle

Baseband Member
Hi I have a Maxtor fireball ict15 and on the internet page describing it, it says: "Storage Capacity: 7.5 GB to 30 GB". For one thing I know my hardrive is 20GB so why then does it say 7.5 to 30?
The thing is when I check the properties of the disc it says it only has 1.99GB, now thats disapointing when it should have 20.

Is it this website?

There were different models available, some offering as low as 7.5 GB and others as high as 30GB. Yours is probably filled with data and/or programs which is why it says 1.99 GB instead of 20GB.

can I get rid of that data? I've formated it twice but nothing changes. Could you suggest a program or maner to erase the data?

When you format it, did it ask you to delete all data? When i formatted mine, i got 3 options.

Tulsileaf what does your sig say???

1 <4/\/ 5|* 33|{ 1337 8|_|+ \/\/+|= 15 70|_|R'5 5471/\/6????

Shutle said:
Hi I have a Maxtor fireball ict15 and on the internet page describing it, it says: "Storage Capacity: 7.5 GB to 30 GB". For one thing I know my hardrive is 20GB so why then does it say 7.5 to 30?
The thing is when I check the properties of the disc it says it only has 1.99GB, now thats disapointing when it should have 20.

It's a odd ball drive. I have a few of those that format out to 6 gigs.
Check over at the maxtor site for full details on the drive.

Not only does the properties say there is only 1.99GB but also i cant put more that 1.99GB on the drive. Is it possible that my Maxtor Quantum Fireball ICT15 is a 1.99GB Hardrive?

It's not very likely, Shutle. Not many hard disks these days are at the capacity of 2GB. I'm almost sure this is not a problem with your operating system, either....what OS are you using?

Get a bigger drive, maybe even a new computer. Go Mac, if you can. If you don't like Macs....find a cheap Dell online, prices are low around the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom