My friend gave me his broken harddrive \, i had nothing to do so i opened it and toke out the two discs inside. I was wondering if it is poisonous or hazardous. Or have any effect that is not good like laser.
Hard drives are made of a metallic type of metal (Okay, lets start this over again).
hard drives are made of metal, all the time, everytime. Only metal has the attribute known as "magnetism" needed for magnetic saving of information.
I've torn apart about 10-15 hard drives, and none have them have shattered. In fact, most of them I've been able to bend the plate about, just like any metal. I'll see if I can get a picture up (it was on my PDA, but I discharged the batteries for storage. cant remember if its on my SD card or not).
Oh, and some ceramics have magnetic qualities... but they arnt used in hard drives. They shatter like glass sometimes...