Harddrive wipe?

NamesAJ

Beta member
O.K. So I've got a little bit older of a computer. 2.6 ghz p4 1 gig of ram 160 gig hard drive. It's a HP pavilion a520n. The problem I'm occuring is that when I open task manager I have MANY proccesses running under the user name SYSTEM, and my computer has been getting gradually slower, and slower. It's not nearly at the running speed it used to be. So what I'm wondering is will a hard drive wipe help speed it up to the way it was when i bought it? Any suggestions on programs/ways to do this? Any advice is appreciated TY and have a good day.

If you just want to wipe the HDD then you can just reformat your computer and reinstall your OS, that is one way to bring the speed back up. Another is to do a defrag, I don't know how often you do that.

Cheers!

if you can add more memory and graphics card take some workload off the processor.......might want to clean up some files....have you thought about getting an external hard drive??keep the essentials on your comp and port everything Else to the external one.

one gig of ram would proberly cost you close to $40 from a good shop. try a cheap upgrade like that

O.K. So I've got a little bit older of a computer. 2.6 ghz p4 1 gig of ram 160 gig hard drive. It's a HP pavilion a520n. The problem I'm occuring is that when I open task manager I have MANY proccesses running under the user name SYSTEM, and my computer has been getting gradually slower, and slower. It's not nearly at the running speed it used to be. So what I'm wondering is will a hard drive wipe help speed it up to the way it was when i bought it? Any suggestions on programs/ways to do this? Any advice is appreciated TY and have a good day.

Reformatting will definitely get a little speed back into your system. Also, try defragging and maybe a cheap upgrade with memory as others suggested as well.

Back
Top Bottom