Harddrive Not Being Detected!!

Yeah, I used an external enclosure and hooked it up to my laptop and copied all my important files off and formatted it, which did nothing. Do hard drives need drivers to work? Would those be installed in a Windows 7 fresh install?

Negative. Most hard drive controllers these days are native drivers in OS'es even as old as XP.

If the drive doesn't work on the new board, chances are it's an incompatibility. Your best bet at this point is to contact the motherboard maker and see if they have any ideas.

If its not detected on the BIOS then you could try out a simple thought, a connection problem with the SATA cable from your harddrive to motherboard, try swapping with another if you have not done so.

Cheers

Did you get the "blue screen" before? Or that "no hard drive found"? Because otherwise, I'm guessing that you somehow restored the BIOS to default settings that the former is just a screen with the Samsung logo appears by default instead of the POST screen, the other is a message that the SATA drives are found, which makes sense that your drive is SATA.

Hey guys, I called the motherboard technical support and they said get a new hard drive. Thanks, -_-. So I took a look at their website and found this:

BIOSTAR :: FAQ

What it says it that Seagate had some problems with my particular hard drive and have released a firmware update here:

Barracuda 7200.12 Firmware Update

There are two options: install update through Windows (can't do because the only hard drive I have is the one that won't be detected) or burn an iso image. The iso image does not work. For me. When I pop it in, boot up, and hit download updates, it fails. Any ideas? I really don't want to buy a new hard drive because I'm broke now :*(. Thank you for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom