Hard reboot/shutdown - why is it bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
we all know that it's bad to reset or shutdown your computer using the buttons on your CPU instead of letting windows XP do it with proper reboot and shutdown commands etc...

but.. WHY IS IT BAD? and WHAT IS AFFECTED?

I had a theory that it's bad for the file system and the file system could get corrupted if done that way.. and it does not affect the hard drive on a hardware level

any comments?

I've really only heard that its bad if you're writing something to disk, especially if its important.

I don't know why, but NTFS doesn't corrupt as easily. The only thing I can think of, is it is not saving updated settings (like changes to the registry) so if you are installing software that uses the registry for something (starforce protection) than it may cause a corrupt file there.

But your PC is not called a CPU.

i see.. so either way it does confirm that the hard drive is not affected on the hardware level yeah? cool

reason im asking is coz i have this protection software on my computer called CleanSlate which protects the system from any permanent changes.. however when activated it somehow prevents my PC from rebooting/shutting down properly via the OS... needs to be hard reset/shutdown every time.

But your PC is not called a CPU.
yeah hehe, mixed up me words.

hey u can end that process and then shutdown via the OS

sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.. but if i turn off cleanslate prior to any heavy operations like games, or prolonged use, it shut's down right..

Why would you have Cleanslate installed??? It prevents you from installing and keeping anything installed....

it's actually computers in our office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom