Hard drives

SirVal

In Runtime
Somethings been concering me now i've come to ordering my £1400 system, 7,200 RPM or 10,000 RPM for my hard drive? Its a job lot more for the 10,000 and is only 74 gb, whereas the 7,200 RPM hard drive is 200 gb and is a big deal cheaper.
Ok, so i know 10,000 RPM will load stuff faster, but my budget is pretty tight and the last thing i want is to be buying stuff that is uneccessary.
So my question is, is the jump up from 7200 to 10,000 an amazing leap in speed or is it just a small difference thats cool to have? Should i fork out an extra lot of money for this upgrade or not?
Thanks for your opinions.

there is a difference, but to be honest ... your money could be better spent elsewhere. Unless you're doing some heavy workload / processing with this pc, it's more like "a cool thing to have". I can think of cooler things to make my pc more fun to use ... larger lcd or even a projector for play Battlefield 2 to start with.

I've thought of getting a small 70 GB RPM. Partion 15 GB for windows xp, then the rest for games. And use my 120 for files such as movies, pictures, and so on. But I don't think i'd recongize much of a diff. But if ya can afford i'd do it. But it shouldn't be on the top of things you can do.

Back
Top Bottom