Hard drives and magnets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you need gas receipts for? Just wondering..

Down here in australia, you spend more than $30 at Coles (Grocery Shop), I get a barcode at the end of the receipt that allows me 0.04c off per litre when filling up for gas.
I get an additional 0.02c off per litre when I spend $2 or more at the gas station on Grocery items. Normally a bottle of milk, or 2 chocolate bars make that all possible.

Considering that it now $1.21 per litre today for unleaded, you can count on me using one of those receipts

ROFL, cross culture fun here. Petrol Vouchers = Gas Recipets. And wow, gas prices here are 2.85 per gal, with all the conversions it makes out to be a bit more over there... bummer. Well, me being an american, I'm going to go jump in my massive SUV, drive to the neighbors house and burn about 1.5 gallons in the process.

Later

ROFL, cross culture fun here. Petrol Vouchers = Gas Recipets. And wow, gas prices here are 2.85 per gal, with all the conversions it makes out to be a bit more over there... bummer. Well, me being an american, I'm going to go jump in my massive SUV, drive to the neighbors house and burn about 1.5 gallons in the process.

Later

Well, 3.78 liter (1 gallon) of gas will cost here 5.4 €, thats 7.6 $ ! :(

It's down to 2.58 here, *yay*. I miss having hard drive magnets to play with. I should go crack open a few of the old 20gb drives we have waiting to be shredded.

I got one of those magnets on my fridge. It's a ***** to move, but at least it means I am not going to loose my shopping list or petrol vouchers.

Your not going to get them off then either :cool: lol...

I have a set of these magnets, If i use the 2x2 inch cilindrical one and stick it to a steel support beam for the roof in the garage, and then get a hammer and put it near it, it clips straight to it, and i can hang off it (Im 10 and a Half Stone) and so can my dad (13 stone) My biggest one supports me and my sister 20 Stone together. I have a thin sheet of some very weird magnetic material that is expensive, but it repels the magnets appart if i slide it inbetween them. So there easy to seperate.

I use a small one to lock my door also, my dad has to give it a very very hard pull (using his legs and full body wait) to open my door.

There cool things !

I've totally devastated many floppy discs heating them, not inside a microwave OVEN for the name of god, the plastic didn't get destroyed but it was unreadable, i also tried it with a magnet and nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom