hard drive won't show up

stiles1

Baseband Member
i just installed my windows on my computer and it gave me the option of choosing hardrive A or hardrive B and after installing on hardrive A hardive B won't show up now in windows.

i disconnected the wires and reconnected them to see if it will show up and still nothing.
i am outa ideas please give me some input on it

Is the second hard drive brand new? Sounds silly, but it is very important.

yea everything is brand new just build it today, and they are both connected from the same wire

yea you need one as master and one as slave, there are jumpers on the back
hd2.jpg

they should be labeled, just put one as master, and one as slave (when i say one as master, and one as slave, i mean one hd as master and one hd as slave), you also have to have the master on the last ide connector or the last connector on the end of the ide cable, the other drive (slave) goes on the connector in the middle of the cable

just looked and i don't know if it is because mine are sata but that part that s circled only has pins and no switch

found it in the disk management hopefully formatting it will solve the problem if not you'll hear back from me

found it in the disk management hopefully formatting it will solve the problem if not you'll hear back from me

Yes, it will. That's why I asked if they were new. Drives do not show up in "My Computer" until they are initialized, partitioned, and formatted.

Back
Top Bottom