hard drive swap question

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
i have a computer that needs an OS but i have no OS disk, so im going to pull my hard drive out of my current working computer and put it into the computer that needs the OS, will i have any problems transfering the hard drive and have it running?

ok, now its swapped but now i have another problem, once i turn the comp on, it asks on the black-syle post screen "there isnt a specified time on your computer, would you like to enter a date/time" and then it shows the settings of my computer (keep in mind this is all done on one screen).

Well, i took out the CMOS battery a week ago because sum1 recommend i do that in order for my computer to start up properly before i did all this.

so does anyone have any knoledge as to how to get my computer that i just used HDclone to get my comp started?

i was kinda sorta recommended to take it out and put it back in....dont ask me why, lol, but yea, so i think it screwed everything up...how do cmos batteries work? if u take out and put back in wat happens to the battery as far as information....and what about buying a new battery

What removing the battery does is set the BIOS back to factory specs. After doing so, it's common to have to enter the BIOS at first boot to reset the time any any other parameters you need. Normally, just setting the time and date, and loading the failsafe defaults are good for normal operation.

Back
Top Bottom