hard drive question

maroj2481

In Runtime
wel im trying to get rid of everything on one of my hard drives. i got most of the stuff off, but some stuff it wont let me delete. so how would i get rid of the rest?

By everything, what exactly do you mean? Like no windows install at all, or just windows none of your private stuff?

OK, a great way to make sure that absolutely nothing can be retrieved is to run kill-disk on your hard drive. Keep in mind, this deletes everything. If you want to run windows off that drive, it will need to be re-installed. If you forget to backup anything you want, it will be lost forever unless your willing to pay a lot of money.

im not going to be needing anything from it, since i took it out of my old computer. ill be using this drive as an external.

if i do that on my computer will it deleat every apart from windows . if i can do that i would be soo happy

if i do that on my computer will it deleat every apart from windows . if i can do that i would be soo happy

If you want to wipe your drive except Windows OS then just put in the windows CD disc and select repair and don't select save files when it asks.

um , my laptop is prebuilt and it has xp home , i do have a spare xp home disk would that work
would i have to type in the product key

Back
Top Bottom