Hard Drive Question

Sure just connect IDE drive into an IDE connector,I just hope you have a ps that has sata connection.as for the drive you want its all right but a WD would be a nicer drive.

actually seagate is by far better than western digital in terms of noise and performance. Warrenty is extreme good too. The only good thing about western digital is their raptor series where only the 74GB ones are good.

You can get molex to sata converters for the power supply problem. Also worth pointing out that this is in the wrong section :)

ownage said:
actually seagate is by far better than western digital in terms of noise and performance. Warrenty is extreme good too. The only good thing about western digital is their raptor series where only the 74GB ones are good.
I dont hear any noise in my 74g rapter or my 320g wd storage drive,or any noisey ones that went into other towers,,super silent drives,I have seen more seagate drives replaced then wd ,So that tells you something.

ownage said:

i can vouch for that, i have used both WD and Seagate and the Seagate harddrives are definitely quieter. I don't know about which is better quality though because i haven't had trouble in that area with either company.

Raffaz said:
You can get molex to sata converters for the power supply problem.

If his motherboard supports SATA connections he should have the appropriate adapters because they should have been included with the mobo. But of course if he doesn't have them then they are available for cheap to buy.

Also worth pointing out that this is in the wrong section :)

I've used Maxtor, WD, and Seagate hard drives. The only one I ever had crashed on me was the Seagate hard drive. But they are known to have fast drives though. I would still vote for Seagate as one of the top drives despite of that.

I've used Maxtor, using a 160GB seagate and 40GB WD right now. The maxtor one died on me, but was insanely fast. The seagate is also really fast, but quiet at the same time. My WD has a little whine to it when it seeks, but other than that, its running pretty strong.

ownage said:
I've used Maxtor, using a 160GB seagate and 40GB WD right now. The maxtor one died on me, but was insanely fast. The seagate is also really fast, but quiet at the same time. My WD has a little whine to it when it seeks, but other than that, its running pretty strong.
the whine means its got power ! :D Just kidding,they are pretty bullit proof drives.

Back
Top Bottom