Hard Drive Problems?

The little skips in Counter Strike are called "lag". They are not caused by faulty hardware. They are entirely connected to the quality of the internet connection and servers used.

My bet is that you would be wasting money getting another drive.

no,

at home and here at school I get these little millisecond freezes. I opened up a LAN game and played with bots and still get these freezes.

I did that hard drive test and passed both of the tests......

so what is going on?

My computer used to turn off randomly before but then it stopped. Also, it takes like 3 minutes for my computer to shut off, it used to turn off almost instantly. So hard drive problem?

Well if your going to buy a new hard drive anyway, it wouldn't hurt to reformat your current one to make sure that is the problem. I used to have a similar problem and it turned out to be the fan on my video card was faulty. I went and bought a relatively cheap but decent quality zalman video card fan for $30 and never had a problem since.

Well if your going to buy a new hard drive anyway, it wouldn't hurt to reformat your current one to make sure that is the problem. I used to have a similar problem and it turned out to be the fan on my video card was faulty. I went and bought a relatively cheap but decent quality zalman video card fan for $30 and never had a problem since.

He has already formatted the drive see post 1, I would try going over every point, jumper, socket, checking there all clean and situated in properly, then if it still playing up reformat and just run windows OS on its own to sea if it runs OK with just the operating system on.

Well, I have opened my computer up time and time again making sure everything isn't too dusty and pushed in. I am able to buy a hard drive, should I go ahead and buy another one?

You can try it, I changed my graphics card, memory, cmos battery, Hdd over the course of two years trying to rid myself of the problem, reformatted lots of times, I only cured it when I took all those parts out cleaned them, oh and I started turning off the at the mains socket, after shut down to give my PSU a rest, (Cool down), never had it since, I can not say whether it is the HDD or not, you will find out soon enough if you put a new one in.

well, i keep moving my computer back from my dorm to my house and vice versa, what could have come loose? What should I do?

When you reinstalled Windows, did you install the newest motherboard chipset drivers and video card drivers?

Also make sure you have nothing running in the background such as virus scanners, instant messenger programs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom