hard drive problem

Dark Assassin said:
go into dos (assuming you don't have xp, i'm not sure if it will work in the command prompt) and type fdisk. you should be able to check what your hd is partitioned into...

on another note, my neighbor just bought a 250GB hard drive and windows says it's only 232GB...so i blame windows. (my linux machine shows the accurate HD space)

it's not windows fault, it's because windows reads 1024MB=1GB but the HDD companies make it 1000MB=1GB. maybe linux counts 1000MB=1GB

If you don't have XP, sometimes it will only show 130 on a 160GB hard drive for some reason. If you do have XP, then what Dishdog said, some companies often make one gigabyte only 1000MB. So if you do the math, then it makes sense. I can't remember if Barracuda does that, though.

Dark Assassin said:
go into dos (assuming you don't have xp, i'm not sure if it will work in the command prompt) and type fdisk. you should be able to check what your hd is partitioned into...

on another note, my neighbor just bought a 250GB hard drive and windows says it's only 232GB...so i blame windows. (my linux machine shows the accurate HD space)

lol your linux is a screamer, and what a deal!!! $6.50 that thing hauls for under $10

Back
Top Bottom