Hard drive light always on

Forest Gump

Beta member
Recently i have noticed my hard drive light always seems to be going. i have done all the scans with mcafee no luck. i have checked processess and programs ect in windows, nothing seems to be running but system idle processes which are always running. Any idea what could be causing this. I also disabled search and anything related to it but it still keeps running. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Check the connection on your motherboard. I am assuming that you are talking about the light on the front bezel of the case. Unplug it and check your connection sometimes it will be plugged with some junk causing it to think it always needs to be on. The next check would be to run a disk defrag. Simplify the processes that it needs to do to find information. Once organized do a restart. If the problem still exist you may be looking at a problem with the hard drive physically or an error in the firmware.

What are your specs? You may not have enough RAM. If you don't have enough, the computer dumps the rest to your hard drive and swaps data between the two as needed.

Other than that, download Malwarebytes and run it.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Back
Top Bottom