Hard drive disapear in winxp - help

stan123

Beta member
I have a slave 150gb hard drive (no partions), that had been running sweet as but now every now and again i turn on my PC-it doesnt show up in My Computer, i checked my Bios and it says it is there. so i will restart my pc and it will show up again :-S

Please Help

sorry if this is a duplicate-wasnt sure if last post went through

If it has no partitions, it shouldn't show up at all, except in Disk Management as "unallocated". You should format it within Disk Mangement, and you should see it all the time after that. If not, you may have an IDE/SATA controller going bad, or the hard drive is going bad, or the connection is not good (power and IDE/SATA).

well, it does show up, it is partioned just one partion, i have 2 hard drives in my pc, one is smaller (master) and has all Winxp programs etc and then i have a second larger hard drive in my PC that i use for movies music etc, the first one is named C: and thats the only partion and the second hard drive is E: and thats the only partion, but E: intermittanly disappears in winxp. I restart and go into bios and its there and also sez it is there when PC starts and it tests for ide drives etc. but in win xp it doesnt show up and not even under disc managment. I think its something wrong with winxp, i did a big registry clean up last night and found around 300 problems. cleaned them all up and its been going allright since. so i will see if it does it again.

Back
Top Bottom