Hard Drive Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im at a loss to recall, what was that, the age of the 286 and dos; I can't remember hardrives being on the market at the time, I do recall some of the oldest cp games in existance, and the multitude of floppy disks required to play, I still have some love for a few of those games though.

I do recall some of the oldest cp games in existance, and the multitude of floppy disks required to play, I still have some love for a few of those games though.

Such as wasteland... There are talks about resurrecting that in modern form though.

Just imagine it in 20 years time from now though. we will be like 'a 1 TB mechanical hard drive... LOL' '8800GTX: how did we even think that was fast' and 'LOL crysis looks like absolute ****' - its hard to believe really but it WILL happen.

Hard drives were around before the 286. There was one available for my Tandy Trash-80 Color Computer II, but it was too expensive for me.

An interesting footnote, thanx for your input Trotter.I was indeed curious about when hard drives became a component rather than a core rescourse.

Well this thread has made me realize the investment my mum and dad made in my education during the late 80's by buying me a computer for my 5th Birthday really makes me appreciate it all the more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom