Hard drive and gfx card failing at the same time

adam8xz

Solid State Member
So i was playing a game today and my computer crashed while loading into a map, after rebooting the boot image was distorted and it failed to boot into windows 8. bios functioned but there was graphical errors, i replaced my gfx card with my integrated graphics and the graphical errors were gone, but windows still failed to boot. i tried booting into windows 7 on my old hard drive and it worked fine, i could browse files on my new hardrive as well and videos seem uncorrupted. is it possible that gfx card failure could corrupt a windows installation, or that a broken harddrive could corrupt a gfx card? is my only option to wipe my harddrive? and can the bios on my graphics card be restored if that is the problem with it?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the card?
arent the drivers just software on the harddrive for interfacing with the card? the card produces errors even in the bios.

even if i install the drivers after booting onto my old harddrive?
you see im not even that concerned about losing these parts im just worried that if i get a new graphics card or fix this one and format my hard drive and reinstall windows that i will be missing an underlying cause and it will just happen again.

i cant reinstall the drivers because i cant boot into any OS with the card.

Last edited:
but how could my harddrive/windows installation and gpu fail at the same time? either one caused the other or another part caused both, i want to replace what ever part is causing me these issues.

Back
Top Bottom