Happy Thanks Giving 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord AnthraX said:
Happy thanksgiving.

although Im not very fond of the food, I still think it's a cool holiday.

:)
how can you not be fond of food lol

all in all i think the holiday is as lame and pointless as they come, but hey its another excuse to eat myself crazy

Lord AnthraX said:
I just don't like the food :confused: Never had and never will...
oh. i love pretty much all food. i take in like 5000 calories a day lol.

thats why they call me the beast. and the beast loves to feast. :p

happy Indian slaughtering day is more like it, but anyway Happy thanksgiving. this is my first american thanksgiving, but im a vegetarian so ill be having loads of falafel

Huh?....

What exactly is thanksgiving? is it some sort of religious holiday, or what? And if you have turkey at TG, what do you have at chrismas? More turkey?

I could Google it, but I know your responses will be more entertaining!

Wiki is your friend
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanks_Giving

Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day is an annual one-day holiday to give thanks (traditionally to God) at the close of the harvest season. In the United States, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. In Canada, it is celebrated on the second Monday in October. In the United Kingdom, Thanksgiving is another name for the Harvest festival, held in churches across the country on a relevant Sunday to mark the end of the local harvest, though it is not thought of as a major event (compared to Christmas or Easter) as it is in other parts of the world. This tradition was taken to North America by early settlers, where it became much more important.

Happy turkey day to all... :) Now get fat and happy!!! :D The wife went nuts this year...

Turkey
Ham
Stuffing
Mashed Taters
Green Bean Cassarole
Broccoli/Cheese/rice Cassarole
Mac n Cheese
Rolls
and 3 Pies!

MAN I'm gonna be full... :D

What exactly is thanksgiving? is it some sort of religious holiday, or what? And if you have turkey at TG, what do you have at chrismas? More turkey?

Harper's answer covers part of it.

While Thanksgiving has religious roots in the US, the current observance of it doesn't. It's mainly a day of family, good food, off from work, parades, and football (American ;) ).

Turkey is the tradition at Thanksgiving, and ham is the norm tradition for Christmas (at least it is around where I live). Many have both at both holidays (like NUkem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom