Happy Easter!

Yeah, that is an interesting way of cooking it. Gimme a recipe, lol.

Right now, I am waiting for ppl to show up, and drinking a monster, for like the first time. Tastes really bad, lol.

Coca Cola Dark Night.

Pepsi maybe where you are? (Its another make down here)

Theres Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and other cheaper varients.

Its a pop drink...

EDIT:

I must be bored...

I basically just set up my 3 year old sisters wooden train set and started moving it along the track, pretending to blow stuff up with it...
Wow...

^^ No, I think he knew what it was, it's just an interesting recipe to put the coke in the ham when cooking it. Sounds good to me though, lol.
yeah, you sound really bored, lol.

So, yeah, the ham I'm gonna cook is in the oven.

Heres the recipe for the glaze if anyone is interested: Bring about 1 liter of Coca-Cola and about a pint of pineapple juice up to about 160 degrees F, then add a pound of brown sugar to the mix. Bring this mix up to a full boil and leave it for about 10 minutes, and stir it occasionally. It may benefit you if you put about 2 tablespoons worth of diced pineapple in the mix to start with. This makes enough glaze for about 5 to 10 pounds of ham, but make sure you have a cooker big enough to hold most of the glaze. You should leave some of the glaze off to the side so people can add more to their piece of ham if they want. You can set the excess glaze off to the side, and you don't have to keep it warm because it is easy to reheat. You will also want to add some pineapple rings to the ham, as many as you want or what is tasteful. Also be sure to cut diagonal lines across the ham so the glaze may filter throughout. Bake the ham at about 350 degrees. I know a 5 pound ham takes about 2 or 3 hours at this temperature. About every half hour or so, take a spoon and douse some of the glaze that is in the cooker over the ham.

The ham isn't done yet, probably has another 2 hours left, but I'll let you know how it tastes. The glaze by itself tastes delicious.

I'll also let you know how cleanup goes, because this is a very sticky mixture when it dries.

I go to work at 5:00. Ate some brisket my dad smoked for lunch. Not much else. Just sitting around until I go to work.

I just got home from my relative's house, ate ham, baked beans, potato salad, deviled eggs an assortment of vegetables, quite a few desserts including cinnamon bread, pretzel salad (yum), stawberry shortcake and lots of easter candy. I'm very full and ready for a nap!...:)

Back
Top Bottom