Happy Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a good day. Basically broke, but still a good day. My wife took me to our favorite place for breakfast... the biggest biscuits in town, all home-style cooking. My folks took us out tonight to a BBQ joint, Two Pigs, for ribs.

I'll get present(s) later when our money comes in.

mmmmm, ribs :)

Glad to see you had a fantastic day!!

Shame on no-one else for noticing :p

I wouldn't call it fantastic, but I have had worse that it. I took the day off from work, so that was a plus.

SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH!

Gotta love BBQ! Not enough good BBQ places out here..... (that I know of anyways....) There is Famous Dave's for ribs, but they are just... 'aight.

All the BBQ places here are local. If you want Famous Dave's or any other the other chains, you have to go to Chattanooga.

Two Pigs is out in the middle of nowhere, really. It is on the side of a highway, but several miles outside of the outermost areas of Chattanooga. It was started by a couple of cops (hence the name).

Then there is Jordan's BBQ. Jordan's is completed smoked and served dry with plenty of sauce for you to add on your own. If you like hardwood smoked meat, Jordan's is great.

My dad likes Bailey's, a little place down in Ringgold, GA, on the side of Highway 41. Bailey's is OK, but their ribs suck.

We used to have a place called John G's that was absolutely fabulous. Their Brunswick stew was beyond description. They moved to a different location and seemed to vanish.

Yeah, I love BBQ.

Sadly the only rib joint worth going to in liverpool is closed atm, there bbq bacon steaks where to die for especially with the sauce.... * can some one hand me a towel* Can't wait till i get to the USA an have some real BBQ pork ribs.

Actually... I JUST REMEMBERED there is this strange BBQ place by my old apartment.... I totally forget what the name is, but it is some sappy name involving a pig..... I got a $50 gift certificate for that place when I bought my car.... Dealership had some kind of deal with the place where they give away gift certificates on new cars....

Happy B-day.

Trotter..MySpace.. the 2 don't seem to go together in my mind. I just can't imagine it.. :rolleyes: Oh well, the world is full of surprises.

I have not been to amany BBQ house type place. However, the best i have been to is in a place called Cala Dor in Majorca. (nice place to :D) The nicest sauce i have ever tasted, hardly any fat on the ribs, just lots and lots of the nicest, unaltered meat i have ever tasted.

I am so hungry now

same ! Although i guess i always am, owell, a full english roastie in 20 minutes :D

I have a MySpace page. And I am older than Trotter. And I agree with Ethereal Dragon, we need more quality BBQ places in this world. I really REALLY wanted to get down to Memphis for Memphis in May BBQ contest. Just to eat like there's no tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom