Happy 10 Years Of B.S. and Computer Repairs for Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevo88 said:
If anything comes to worse i might go Army national guard or to the air guard. Life is a mystery....
I don't have that option. 40 years old and too overweight.

Lex said:
if you don't have work epxerience
The great BS of IT. If you don't have experience they won't even consider you, but you can't get experience without an IT job.

I don't have that option. 40 years old and too overweight.

The great BS of IT. If you don't have experience they won't even consider you, but you can't get experience without an IT job.
Trotter you don't understand how many people have told me this already, and its only been 3 weeks of searching...

Most if not everyone from hiring managers to recruiters have told me that I won't be able to get into the IT field unless I have experience, doesn't matter what certs I have. Yet I can't get experience w/o getting a job...

Most frustrating time in my professional career....

Apparently my 4 years of working retail (2 as a supervisor) was enough experience to start to break in to good tech jobs. Honestly I see no other way to start and I didn't really like doing it because the pay is low and I've earned my share of gray hairs from doing it. But in the end the experience was good and I've finally been able to break in to some real IT jobs. So doing installs for Geek Squad or something can really go a long way towards gaining that experience.

I'm glad I decided to go in for a networking job. Don't really have to deal with annoying desktop and server problems. Although wireless is a PITA thanks to medical equipment making things hugely complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom