Handheld PC Question

Rockwall

Baseband Member
Hi, wasnt sure where to put this thread so i hope its ok here. Im needing some help on selecting a cheap handheld PC that can access the web (with a low monthly fee) anywhere. My cousin and I are going to be doing some computer repair and building locally in our town, and i wanted to utilize the Time Clock MTS program for logging hours. Basically i want either me or him, when going to house visits to clock into Time Clock MTS (That is running on main computer at our house). I was thinking of setting up a virtual network, and having the Time clock mts database in a folder on the virtual network. Im just unsure of a cheap handheld that can handle connecting to the internet anywhere and installing the software and virtual network.
Any Suggestions?

I dont know of any hand held PC's that will do that, I think they are use wireless, So unless the house has wireless, it wont work.

But Maybe verizon/alltel/sprint has an internet plan that will connect to handhelds?

Ya, i looked into it, and some cell phone companies have plans for using your cell phone as a modem for your PDA and connecting to the internet. IM thinkin of getting this PDA... http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Toshiba%20Pocket%20PC%20e405%20PDA:1991337367:page=details;_ylt=AvqyAgQcN7ZnvE6386GECDNnRHAD?clink=dmss//ctx=sc:cpda,c:cpda,mid:57,pid:1991337367,pdid:57,pos:2
I just need to kno if this thing can run a SQL database, and the Time Clock MTS program. We want to have the database to put customers computer specs in, pass problems, replaced parts. so its easily accesible from the customers house.

Back
Top Bottom