Halo: Master Chief Collection

I played two games. It did seem fun. But if your a die hard halo fan you will have a few dislikes. To me it seemed like 343 went yet again down a path that isn't Halo. Take titan Fall, battlefield 4, Call of duty especially and mix that with spartans and you have Halo 5.

Why can't 343 stay with the roots of halo? Why? Halo was a mega hit because it was different and featured alot of skill based tricks.

I'm almost done with 343 and its mimics of what use to be halo to what it is now.

For me, halo took me out of reality and placed me in Master Chiefs world. Now its like you got to force yourself into that world where the fun is.

Imagination of Being a pure Badass wont Run with it like the older halo's did.

Before i recieve any hate, the game play is nice, and it feels pretty good. But if it wasn't for the Spartans i would of not known that it was halo.

Last edited:
I may be the only one, but i bought my first XBOX just because Halo was so awesome. But the draw for me was the co-op missions not the online multi player. After Halo 1 i lost interest.

Its a lot different of a flavor of halo.. but to someone who played halo since the start.. I think its a move in more of the right direction than Halo Reach or Halo 4...

Because of these reasons:

No loadout abilities
●There is ground-pound, evade, sprint, and charge which are all available to everyone and everyone has them at all times and everyone can use them to best of their abilities-the end.

Everyone starts on even playing-fields
●No more customizing guns, no more filtering through perks to find what to exploit to gain an advantage over someone who chose otherwise.
●Even power weapons - there are neutral player spawns at every map.. so a straight sprint to the middle of the map you'll find an enemy. Its fun to think of ways to approach the player situation with this competitive balance.

Power weapon focus
●In every halo multiplayer power weapons were the hidden focus - professionals would learn the spawn times, casual players would stumble upon them. This halo flavor emboldens this aspect by putting power weapons into the limelight and highlighting them for everyone to use. The result - players of casual and competitive styles all have the common goal of wanting to control the same part of the map at the same time.. This is bound to make things interesting as well as more competitive

Balance
●Somehow the assault rifle, the pistol, the DMR, and the BR are the most balanced ever - aiming down the sights gives benefits as well as risks, and if you get shot - you can't aim down the sights.
●Another aspect of balance is shield recharging - It is now limited when you're sprinting. If you're sprinting away from a fight - you don't recharge shields. You need to regain control of your situation in order to live again and fight again. The strong and cunning survive while the mindless and lazy die.

I was extremely harsh on Halo reach and halo 4 for putting in seemingly random abilities that changed my halo.. I was not happy to see those changes... This halo brings to the table some new aspects by implementing balance and because of this I am more willing to take the time to appreciate them and so far - i'm extremely satisfied.

Heres a clip that shows the shield recharge while sprinting, as well as some of the abilites and a nice snap-shot

http://xboxclips.com/Soz3r/afa1882a-78e7-41fe-a3fa-4f62464a72fd/embed

Last edited:
I don't agree with the abilities personally. A Spartan is already supposed to run fast, so sprint is technically supposed to be useless. Only thing I have agreed with so far was the jetpack but even that got annoying.

Having all weapons perfectly balanced in power makes no sense to me. Why use anything else? Everybody should just run around with a damn pistol and call it a day.

I don't agree with getting shot makes you lose sights. You have shields for a reason and you should be able to get shot without flenching until your shields go down.

A step away from what made Halo, Halo IMO. The game has always been perfectly imbalanced and it made it fun as well as challenging. The best times I've had LANing honestly were playing Halo 2 over LAN with my friends during weekly Thursday LANs.

lol no balance here :)

IMG_2450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom